Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Academics - Undergraduate Programs
Digital Interactive Games Minor
The games industry offers a variety of jobs (artist, programmer, producer, engineer) in a number of disciplines (arts, computing, business, music). To respond to the needs of the strong gaming industry present in Reno and a flourishing games industry in the nearby San Francisco Bay Area, the Computer Science & Engineering Department offers a minor in Digital Interactive Games.
This minor is open to all students.
We especially encourage students from Arts, Journalism, Education, and anyone interested in simulations and in computer and video games to consider pursuing this minor.
For further information, please contact the Computer Science & Engineering Department office at (775) 784-6974.
The minor requires 21 credits and consists of the courses:
- CS 135: Computer Science I
- CS 202: Computer Science II
- CS 302: Data Structures
- CS 328: Intro to Game Devlopment
- CS 381: Game Devlopment Pipeline
2 electives (from a list of elective interdisciplinary courses):
- CS 420: HCI
- CS 480: Graphics
- CS 482: AI
- CS 483: AI Programming
- CS 481: Advance Game Devlopment
- CPE 481: Embeded Games Devlopment
- ART 345: Sound and Image
- ART 350: Advanced Digital Media
- ART 441: Seminar on Art and Technology
- ART 451: Problems in Digital Media
- JOUR 451: Interactive Media