CPE 401/601 Computer Network Systems
Network Lab 1
Due on Monday, Feb 15 at 1:00 pm
Using Wireshark packet sniffer tool perform the IP, ICMP, Ethernet and ARP analysis.
Instructions are available on the Wireshark labs section of the
Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach text book website or
under network labs on the WebCT.
- You should read getting started section to learn how to use the Wireshark tool.
- You can download Wireshark version 1.2.6 for from
- Make sure you set up filters so that you do not capture hundreds of unrelated packages.
- It is highly suggested that you run experiments at your home network.
- If needed, we can open networking lab in SEM 211A to run experiemnts.
What to turn in:
A softcopy of your results to be uploaded to WebCT.