CS 450/650 Fundamentals of Integrated Computer Security
Project : Malicious Code Survey
Due on Monday, May 2 at 11:00 am
Research malicious codes and provide a detailed analysis of an attack mechanism on user privacy.
Examples include browser exploitations, cookie stealing, social engineering, and rootkits.
Your discussion should include a background section and discussion of the specific malicious code.
Your report may address
Deliverable: at least 2000 word (approximately 4 pages) paper with your discussion.
- the attack mechanism and its importance
- the motivation for the attack mechanism
- the challenge in the protection against the attack
- the main results of the earlier reports in terms of the success of the attack (paper, tech blog, etc.)
- your critical assessment of the attack mechanism and protection approaches
What to turn in:
A report should be uploaded to WebCT.